Nowadays there are plenty of different options for those, who want to tweak their suspension performance – and now there is one more. While most of the tuning companies try to optimize the internals of the forks and shocks, Vorsprung Suspension takes things a step further and offers a modified air sleeve for Fox shocks. More info in this press release:
Vorsprung Suspension is excited to announce the release of its new Corset air sleeves for Fox air shocks. After more than 2 years of development, the Vorsprung Corset air sleeves allow for far less initial resistance than a standard Fox air sleeve, coupled with substantially improved mid stroke support to eliminate that wallowy feel and initial harshness. Long story short, the Corset’s spring curve is now much closer to that of a coil shock.
Designed and tested in Whistler, BC, including racing prototypes in the EWS, the Corset is proudly made in Canada.
What the Corset offers
- Less initial resistance means better traction and small bump compliance
- More mid-stroke support
- Feels more like a coil shock
- Livelier, more predictable feel
- Better big-hit control
- No more preloaded initial feel
- No more wallowy midstroke
- Adjustable ending-stroke ramp using volume spacers (sold separately)
- Compatible with standard Fox air sleeve seals
- Easy to install – kit includes air shaft seals
- Fox Float R, RP, RP2, RP23, RP3, Triad (all years)
- Fox Float CTD (Large Volume and Small Volume eyelet types)
- Fox Float X
- Fox DHX Air
Note: not currently available to suit DRCV shocks. If demand is there, we’ll make them!
7.50 x 1.75 | 7.50 x 2.00 | 7.875 x 2.00 | 7.875 x 2.25 | 8.50 x 2.125 (Specialized Enduro) | 8.50 x 2.50
MSRP: $150 CAD (~ $120 USD / ~ 105 Euro)
To find out more about the Corset Air Sleeve (or to order it), visit: http://vorsprungsuspension.com/products/vorsprung-corset-air-sleeve. Also check out their blog post, explaining how the system works in detail.
Words, photos & graphics: Vorsprung Suspension
Did you enjoy this article? If so, we would be stoked if you decide to support us with a monthly contribution. By becoming a supporter of ENDURO, you will help secure a sustainable future for high-quality mountain bike journalism. Click here to learn more.