Spanish bike manufacturer Orbea presented today their new enduro racing team.
Here comes the press release:
“Since it emerged in the 80s, MTB has changed a lot. Orbea has been present throughout the years in terms of both products and races. Everybody knows that Orbea Racing Teams have climbed onto podiums around the world, and Luna Chix taking us to the front of the XC scene.Orbea bets on MTB, and with the Advanced Dynamics technology, used to create full-suspension solutions like the Rallon, Occam, Occam 29er and Oiz, we’re far ahead of our time. Now we’re introducing Orbea Méribel Enduro Crew. The team will race in the leading enduro races, help develop Orbea solutions and generate contents in the exciting and demanding new discipline of enduro. The perfect storm is here. These are the members of the squad:”
• Kevin Lorenzato, 21 years old (France): Young hope of international enduro.
• Aurélien Demailly, 17 years old (France): Top-ten in the French Enduro Cup.
• Markel Uriarte, 21 years old (Basque Country): His goal is to gain experience in enduro races.
• Santiago Lombo ‘Lampi’, 27 years old (Argentina): Spanish Open Enduro Champion 2012.
• José Félix Martínez, 41 years old (Spain): Enduro racer with broad experience.
• Johannes Riebl, 27 years old (Switzerland): Experienced rider and MTB fan.
• Orbea Geax Team: Slovenian team associated to Orbea Méribel Enduro Crew.
Calendar: Enduro World Series. Enduro French Series, Enduro Spanish Series, Enduro German and Swiss Series, Roc d’Azur.
Sponsors: The main sponsor of Orbea Méribel Enduro Crew is Méribel ski resort, a place that is synonymous with outdoor sports.
Supporters: Race Face, Kali, Dakine, Fox, Fórmula, NST, Shimano, FSA, Selle Italia and Mavic.
The team’s first choice: Orbea Rallon Enduro Bike (here the Rallon X10 model).
Did you enjoy this article? If so, we would be stoked if you decide to support us with a monthly contribution. By becoming a supporter of ENDURO, you will help secure a sustainable future for high-quality mountain bike journalism. Click here to learn more.